Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's raining, it's pouring...

The old man is snoring....

This is starting to feel like a Nationals in Matamata.
As I look outside its raining and 12 degrees. I'm picking that'll mean snow on the hills in the morning.
The Ahuriri River is in full flood.
Campers in tents have abandoned their sites and headed for home.
The West Coast is no longer a round trip as the only road bridge in Hari Hari has been washed out.

And I've been to Oamaru again...for a nice lunch with friends.

So what about gliding???

Tomorrow we hope. Actually it's looking quite good for the next few days...but I'll believe it when I see it.
We have a sponsor for this years Nationals. Mt Cook Alpine Salmon. Yum salmon.
Also because the locals don't use Soaring Spot ( a mistake in my humble opinion) you will have to get the link to the results off the GNZ site .... Gliding nz.co.nz I think.
Also we have a new Facebook page...the link is on the contest web site...like it and that'll help keep the sponsors happy. Maybe next time we can get some more cash.

And the gossip....there is plenty.
The first land-out of the year happened 1 km short of the airfield...in rain and strong NW winds.

The Tauranga Club is very thin on the ground this year. There are more from Auckland...5 I think.

More later...


No comments:

Post a Comment