Friday, January 11, 2013

Great BBQ last night

This Contest Director of ours is turning into one of the best I have ever met/worked with...actually he's Australian by way of New Zealand. And as it turns out the Duo Discus he owns I've flown in Darling Downs.
He got around most pilots during dinner last night...well done.
Yip...I got pinged for airspace yesterday. It will have been the pull up to slow down enough to pull out my airbrakes. I never thought about lowering my wheel for awhile to creat some drag. From memory the vario needle was stuck hard against the top of the dail and the netto readout suggested 16 knots. 200 ft in airspace for 30 seconds....never mind. One pilot has had all his points revoked...
Actually I've just discovered that leaving your main wheel down at VNE runs the risk of removing your gear doors in an unapproved manner.

2 days left.
Looks a little blue today and the thermals don't appear to be very strong in the forecast. No doubt the task setters will send us somewhere new and challenging..and no doubt I will feel appropriately doubtful of my ability to get around. I'm picking somewhere west in the mountains.

Breakfast awaits...yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment