Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Yesterday we photographed airstrips...today I used one.

And with a sky that looked full of promise...Taumata Rd strip (second strip on the post "Various strips around Tauranga"). I could have aero-retrieved but GNM needed to be put back in the trailer for another day. My good wife came and got me...isn't that nice... Land-out number 35...only the third this season. I landed here last year on the 10th April...so a month earlier - don't know what that means...

Shows what happens when you don't keep your mind on the job...too busy looking at the damage Jan's rain events did to the gully's around our place I lost track of my height. By the time I thought about a climb we were 1200ft above the ground and running out of options. It really didn't work well below 2500ft. Admittedly I flew to our strip because I knew it was clear of stock and the grass was short.
What would I have done with a Turbo??? ...landed out cos I fought it out down to 300ft AGL before giving it up on base leg.



No comments:

Post a Comment