Thursday, March 24, 2011

Weekend Weather...

To state the obvious...it ain't looking too flash...in fact it's looking downright awful.
Actually the next 10 days don't look very promising...unless you are a dairy farmer who wants some rain. However by this time next week I think even I will have had enough rain.

Starting to look like the end of the season to me...maybe a wave flight or two over the winter but otherwise I think GNM's next outing might be for an Annual in Drury. And here was me hoping to be the first club member to land-out in the Duo...

So I guess it's time to look forward to next season...which will be here in Tauranga despite what one member may have been hoping...although I might look for hanger space in Matamata come spring...although if some-one has a $100k spare I'd be willing to part with the mighty Discus.

I see the airfield database has taken on a life of it's own...it's now 22mega-bytes in size...it took so long to load on my computer I would have landed out waiting to find out where to land-out...
Lots of effort going in....all good stuff although the usual caveats need to apply...if you arrive at a marked airstrip, and it's covered in cows, it ain't the farmers fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment