Friday, March 18, 2011

Has the season finished??

Beginning to look like it.
I thought Saturday might be use-able but probably not. Sunday might be OK for training. Update...Sunday might be OK for some limited X-country flying...and wouldn't be know it, I'm committed to do another task...Farm Day - a Federated Farmers inspired exercise to get city folk onto a farm for the afternoon. Last year 400 turned up.
Looking further ahead next week is a write-off...and by then we're close to April.

Hasn't been a stunning summer...most contests were disrupted by poor weather with the exception of the Drury Contest...well done there.

Looks like I will have spent 61 hours airborne this year...vs 88 hrs last year, which is down on the peak years of 100 plus hours per season.
Only 2 land-outs this year...both were simple, no fuss affairs...Tokoroa airfield during the Club class contest and my own strip last week.

Noticed the Duo pass overhead on Wednesday whilst I was pottering about in the Orchard. Subsequently discovered it was Roy getting his motor rating...to add to the Duo rating, the X-country rating, the tail dolly rating, the canopy cleaning rating, etc etc. I'm guessing there is a rigging/de-rigging rating...guess I will get mine when I land it out...
In fact I'm wondering whether my main task should be to make the first land-out in the flash piece of glass...

No comments:

Post a Comment