Thursday, December 30, 2010

Typical...the year will finish as it started...

With northerlies, rain and low cloud...great for farming, crap for gliding.
Total hours I spent gliding this year - 65. The lowest since 2002.
Admittedly the flying in Feb-Apr last autumn was quite good as it was so dry, but since then it's been dismal.

Other noticeable trends.


Number of land-outs I completed - up
X-Country Kms I completed - down


Number of gliders the local club owns - up
Number of members - down


Costs - up
Total club flying hours - down


Amount of E-mail traffic between members - up
Quality of content - down


Attacks on Free speech - up
Inclusive decision making - down


Number of blogs and facebook pages about gliding - up
Value of content - probably up as well albeit a little patchy


Number of contests I could fly - up (Club Class Nationals)
Number of free days I have to fly in them - down


I'm sure others can add to these trends...

No comments:

Post a Comment