Tuesday, October 16, 2012

4 go mad in the desert...

Kiwi's lost in the great Australian outback...
Not so Live reports from the Australian Nationals.
Maurice Weaver is updating the Tauranga Club site on his (and others) adventures in the big dry. http://www.glidingtauranga.co.nz/news/
Seems Brett is doing OK against the local seasoned veterans...4th today, 3rd a few days back. It does seem some-one supplied him with an out of date Turnpoint File and hence he lost most of his day 2 points ...kinda reminds me of a 1 Day Cricket Match a few decades back.
Team Griffin appears to struggling to get going...but there is 3 days left.

The really weird part is the only actual news updates that I can find are coming from a displaced Aussie who lives in NZ competing in an Aussie Nationals...it appears the locals think anybody who's not on site isn't interested in following the event. Yeah yeah...we can get the scores off SeeYou but what about some news, gossip, photos, reports...oh well ho hum...promotion of our sport misses another opportunity.

I plugged my new PNA into the LX V7 today...with a few adjustments it seems to be operational. Gadgets complete...time for some flying. Looks like wave tomorrow and Friday. I'm off to Wellywood tomorrow so it'll have to be Friday. If any body's keen I will be too.

Looking about the hanger I see the forlorn shape of the Duo.
I hear some rumours that the current charge out rate is putting members off flying it.
I suspect this is true...and now we own and operate this large piece of plastic the best thing we could do is encourage as much use age as possible. A review is required...which might include raising the annual membership fee to cover all fixed costs but making the flying charges cheaper. It won't help me but the general health of the club still interests me...I want to go flying with others.

And before I hear some bleating about the weather (we have had rain, snow, wind, more rain etc etc) bear in mind that the Duo I own a part of has done heaps of flying - why you might ask?? Cos it's free...at least on a per minute basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment