Monday, July 9, 2012

I'm $300 better off than this morning...

Because some-one has organised a booking discount on the Cook Strait Ferry.
Well done.

Very very little else to report...there were some signs of thermal development this afternoon...but only for and hour or so.
We are experiencing 5 minutes more sunlight than the shortest day...whipee.
That could be 5 minutes more than some of the Northern Hemisphere gliding contests...a lot of washed out days I'm lead to believe. Looking up contest results from around the world is a 2 step process because almost everyone posts results on SoaringSpot...everyone that is except the US of A (get with the program guys).

I see the National Club Class advertising has started...rumour has it that NZ's best Contest Director will be back in the Big Chair...excellent...less chance of any namby pamby decisions to cancel the day after the start cos it might be raining somewhere on the planet...(I guess I should build a bridge and get over this). Unfortunately for me 2 of the contest days will clash with work...I could selfishly hope they get rained out so I've still got a chance...but I'll need much much more than that...

Taupo is a great contest spot...although I would hasten to add so is Matamata and some place down south...I forget the name.

Byeee

No comments:

Post a Comment