Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Speed Demons

Could be a day for any speed demons. Very strong West to South west winds will make the Kaimai Speed Challange course a ripper. Between heavy showers that is.
The current record is 200kph...that's a beatable proposition in the right conditions.
Plenty of water and plenty of grit and record is there for the taking.
Wave on the Tauranga side but broken up with showers and I suspect the wave bars will move about abit.
The test will be whether the tow pilots are game enough to fly...
I'm busy so I will be watching from the ground...and GNM still hasn't returned yet...
Anyone know what a Janus B is worth?

Guess what? Today's daylight will be the same as tomorrows, which was the same as yesterdays...but the good news is in a week we will get a whole 3 minutes more daylight...summer is coming...inch by inch.

And now for something completely different,

Yesterday afternoon, a man I don’t know, named Ben Mutumba, sent me a kind note. “I represent a group of miners here in Uganda-Kampala and we have a large sum of gold for sale in a cheap affordable price.Please if interested get back to me for more information.”
I am interested, so I replied to him and asked for more information. I then called and spoke with him on the phone. He told me that he’s selling the gold for thirty-eight thousand dollars a kilogram, which seems like a pretty good price. He gets the gold from a mine in the Congo and wants his customers to come and inspect it before they buy. He said that he also has customers in South and Central America and Australia. But no one in the New Zealand. “That’s why,” he told me, “I want a very good customer who can buy something for New Zealand.” He promised a good hotel in Kampala, a meeting with a government official, and a chance to test the gold to make sure it’s real.

OK OK...I didn't call him but Nicholas Thompson from The New Yorker did...
Why Do Nigerian Scammers Say They Are from Nigeria? Because they really only want a contact from the really really naive people. Anyone else will waste their time.
So if you want to get rid of these low life scammers...reply to their ridiculous e-mails and string them a line.
I know of one local who got one scammer to believe he had a dying parent and that he, the scammer, should wire him money...well done...well done indeed.

If you want to read more go -

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2012/06/nigerian-e-mail-scams-microsoft-research-study.html

No comments:

Post a Comment