Friday, December 30, 2011

Enough already...

Apparently this rain is due to clear in 2012...

Just in time for me to depart to Slipper Island so I can watch the sky develop from the comfort of a beach chair relaxed in the knowledge that no matter how good the sky looks I can't get anywhere near it...

And no doubt when I return to the mainland the anti-cyclonic gloom will set in just to complete the picture...

Why do I own a glider??? I ask myself this quite frequently...

We have the Nationals to look forward to. Entered yesterday...by way of a complex process of electronic payment but old style paper entry form...go figure.

Trying to get enthused to do a 300km out and return from Tauranga.
No-one has done one yet..although I'm sure some-one will claim "that's easy" did it years ago...well show me the track...


It requires either a track down the western side of Taupo to Taumaranui or down the eastern side to 22 kms past Lochinvar. Both will have challenges. It's quite "do-able"...it was probably achieve-able on Xmas eve if I'd been a bit better organised.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry haven't had time to make a better entry form. Was going to do it in google docs, if you want to have a go! -TB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Problem is I don't know how...
    Surely we can pinch something from our cousins down south...Oh hang on a minute...their contest results website is crap...so maybe not.
    How about we design one on a wet contest day for future use...

    ReplyDelete