Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Record Looms...

I gather a debate was held regarding the merits, or otherwise, of Blog sites as they relate to the local gliding community. No doubt many wise things were discussed and I'm sure people were well informed...you know as distinct from thinking about stuff as they walked through the door for the meeting.

Since the actual blogsite owner wasn't consulted here is a few points to consider.

Firstly, I note with some amusement that lots of people who have an opinion also claim they don't, or haven't, read the blog. An interesting claim as the site tracks the audience...

Secondly, this month looks like being a record for the number of page reads...hits if you like. 95% of those are coming from inside NZ...(to be fair one should discount the hits from Russia). So some-one is reading it...many thanks to them and any advice would be welcome.

Thirdly, free speech is something I believe that we hold dear. You are, of course, free not the read this site...and I am allowed a point of view.

Fourth, the main aim was to provide weather forecasts when I can, and post photo's and track logs were possible. If I troll back through past posts about 95% of the content fits that objective.

So what's the problem??...I really do wonder. Expected normal service to resume...

No comments:

Post a Comment