Friday, February 8, 2013

Could this be the end?

Updated...to fix the spelling etc.

Tomorrow I'm taking GNM to Taupo so 2 prospective buyers can view and fly her.
If my Discus sells over the weekend I'll be "Discusman" no more...in which case the reason for this blog diminishes somewhat. "JS1man" doesn't quite have the same feel...or "ASG29man" (before the local JS1 dealer spends the commission on a new jet unit)...

I know this blog is very widely read...45000 readers can't be wrong. While most come from NZ, Australia (and I'm discounting my local Aussie friend), the US of A, even Azerbaijan (its near Turkmenistan...or one of those stans) feature on the list. I'd have to say to my readers in Azerbaijan that I'm slightly bemused at your interest in a kiwi glider pilots blog site...

I'm haven't decided how I'll handle this. Admittedly blogs are becoming "old school"...seems Facebook is the new trend. Although give it a year or so and we will be on to the next fad...

Any thoughts would be helpful...but I know you are a bashful lot. I also know that there are a few who would be pleased to see me hang up my keyboard...although counter-intuitively they seem to be big readers of the site...go figure.

Anyhow there is plenty of time to decide these things...
Looks like the weather for the start of the club Class Nationals will be good. I flew over the task area yesterday on the way to Palmerston Nth and back from Napier this afternoon, it looked quite nice and soarable. Pity I'm going to be busy with work stuff, I had planned to fly the Nationals...2 in one year.

Looking further ahead...as in way way further ahead...I'm taking a back seat from gliding while my two daughters finish their last few years under our roof, which includes an 8 week winter skiing holiday to Canada. I just looked at the weather near the house we will be staying in...minus 12.






3 comments:

  1. I say keep the blog going. And post links to it on facebook. Wouldn't worry about the name. Most important thing with a blog is it takes a LONG time to build up a big readership. Starting a new blog, or stopping, would put that all to waste. Plus what else will I read when I'm bored.

    http://socialfresh.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/blog-traffic-growth-640x322.png

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ipearx...who-ever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knows, it's a mystery that only google could solve...

    ReplyDelete