Monday, February 6, 2012

I've had better days...

The joys of being at the front of the grid...
After launching into a weak sky and missing the only climb around I choose to take a re-launch...bad idea.
So I started late...which I thought was a good plan...nope.
Made the top turnpoint OK.
Then the fun began...at Tahuna myself, along with 3 others, had to back-track to find a climb. Not much about so I pushed on...I finally found a climb over my choosen land-out area at 600ft AGL...phew.
So off we go again..down the Cambridge hills and into Putaruru...Thank you Fonterra...
A climb over the Tirau Milk Powder Plant and another one over the Lichfield Cheese Factory...pity Fonterra hasn't got a factory in Tokoroa.
However on the way home things had over-developed and a land-out at the spud Patch became the only option...
A fairly lousy result.....
and now I discover that the scorer couldn't retrieve the track-log...something is wrong as the IPAQ has mal-functioned as well..
So that ends my chances in the standard class...second over-all to an also ran...bugger...

Pilots meeting this morning...that'll be interesting...will we endorse the concept of the CD cancelling days after the fleet has started??? I hope not...
Sorry there is no pictures or tracks...between doing the weather for the contest, helping task set and organising my own glider...my time gets a little short...

No comments:

Post a Comment