Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hanger charges

I did get some feedback about this. I guess the $20 per month was starting point. However it is driven by supply and demand. Once upon a time we had more gliders than space available and in that environment we struck a price of $70 per month. It's now $80. However now there is plenty of space and only 1 or maybe 2 private gliders occupying space.
At $960 per year some owners have decided to keep their glider in it's trailer, or over at Matamata.
I gather some important people are striving to maximise the club's income but an empty space gathers no income...
But then I have a conflict of interest. And I also discovered its quite easy to keep GNM in it's trailer...and therefore it's easier to make the decision to fly at other clubs...and contribute to their towing income.

No comments:

Post a Comment