Tuesday, June 2, 2009

GNZ Strategic Plan???

I opened the plan with a great expectation that the $80,000 we members put towards GNZ had delivered a "Way forward" to grow NZ membership.
Imagine my disappointment when I realised all that the plan covered was what we had done in the past. It's a STRATEGIC PLAN guys...think of it as a Roadmap for the future aspirations of us poor folk who fund the $80,000.
What's more we get to see it 2 weeks before the GNZ AGM at which I'm guessing the Exec want clubs to "sign off" on it...well bullocks to that.
I mightn't know much but I do know we've got to do better than this!!!
We need some well thought out goals and targets...1000 members by 2012 for example
We need a marketing plan...that brings together the magazine, the website, the clubs' programs, promotional activities, contests etc.
We need to take on Airways Head-on...ask for a Judicial Review of the next airspace theft and see whether recreational users are being treated fairly. How about asking why airways needs $100 million a year to control airspace and wants more???
What happened to the Centres of Excellence??? We could base Youth Glide around them...
Well I feel better getting that off my chest...however it still doesn't excuse this very poor effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment